Advisory Notice: Clients at High Risk of DDoS Attacks
At EDIS Global, we prioritize the safety, reliability, and integrity of our infrastructure and services for all clients. With this in mind, we'd like to offer guidance to potential clients who are known to be at high risk of frequent denial-of-service attacks.
Before considering our services, we urge potential clients to evaluate their vulnerability to cyber-attacks, specifically Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks. If you are aware that:
- Your services or platforms have historically been a target of attacks,
- Your industry or specific business attracts frequent cyber threats,
- You've regularly received DDoS or other denial-of-service attacks in the past,
Please read the following recommendation carefully.
For the collective benefit of our clientele and to maintain the stability of our infrastructure:
We strongly advise clients who know they are prone to frequent attacks or who anticipate becoming targets of denial-of-service attacks not to purchase our services and to look for providers specialized in handling such challenges.
- Infrastructure Impact: Even with DDoS protection, continuous attacks on a particular client can strain our resources and potentially impact our services for other clients.
- Limited Service-Specific Protection: As stated in our DDoS Protection Overview, our protection primarily safeguards EDIS Global's infrastructure. We do not offer service-specific DDoS protection.
- Shared Responsibility: We believe in a shared responsibility model. While we offer tools and protection for our clients, it's crucial for clients to understand their risk profile and act accordingly.
Ensuring the security and reliability of our services for all clients is paramount to us. If you are aware of your elevated risk to cyber threats, we ask for your understanding and cooperation in considering alternative providers tailored to high-risk scenarios. This is to ensure that EDIS Global can maintain the highest level of service integrity for our broader client base.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this advisory or any other aspect of our services, please reach out to the EDIS Global Support Team. We're always here to assist and provide clarity.