Debugging Packet Loss
If you're experiencing packet loss or a slow connection between your home internet and your VPS, we would appreciate if you could provide us with an MTR or TRACEROUTE report. This will give us a detailed view of the network path between your home connection and your VPS, highlighting where the packet loss might be occurring.
For Windows Users: Windows does not come with MTR by default, but you can run a TRACEROUTE easily.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type cmd and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: tracert [Your VPS IP Address]
- Wait for it to complete. This can take a few minutes.
- Once complete, right-click inside the Command Prompt window, select Mark, then highlight the entire result, and press Enter to copy.
- Paste the results in your reply to us.
- If you specifically want an MTR report, you would need a third-party tool like WinMTR.
- Download WinMTR from here.
- Install and open WinMTR.
- In the "Host" box, type your VPS IP address.
- Click "Start" and let it run for at least 5-10 minutes to gather sufficient data.
- After it's done, click on "Export TEXT" and save the report.
- Attach the saved report in your reply to us.
Please share the results with us, and we'll promptly investigate where the issue might lie and work towards a resolution.